Effective date: 01 August, 2019
SkyReefPhoto (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.skyreefphoto.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the European 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California’s Shine the Light law contained in the CA Civil Code Section § 1798.83. They all govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for purposes outlined below to provide and improve our Service to you. The basis of this is to process purchases and perform contracts, as well as associated activities and services.
Types of Data
- Personal Data -While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information (e.g. contact form or during checkout process) that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name, last name and company name, if applicable
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Images take during photo shootings
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Sensitive Information – Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information. SkyReefPhoto does NOT collect any Sensitive Information.
- Usage Data – We may collect diagnostic information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Financial Data – Financial data are information related to your payment method (e.g. valid credit card number, card brand, expiration date) that we may collect when you purchase, order, return, exchange, or request information about our services from SkyReefPhoto. We store NO financial information. Instead, all financial information are collected and stored by our payment processors PayPal and Apple Pay. You are encouraged to review their privacy policies and contact them directly for responses to your questions.
- Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies – We use Session Cookies in our online store to show you item you viewed before.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Tracking Cookies. We use Tracking Cookies to optimise our Service and to calculate shipping and tax costs.
Use of Data
SkyReefPhoto uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To ship and provide invoices for purchased products
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address security and technical issues
Transfer of Data
We do not sell any of your Personal Data. To be able to provide our services to you and to run our business, we share data with third parties from the following categories:
- Third parties, which are involved in processing purchases, such as web shop systems (e.g. WooCommerce), payment service providers (e.g. PayPal and Apple Pay), manufacturers, logistic companies, etc.
- Third parties, which provide professional services to us, such as marketing agencies, business consultants, etc.
- Law enforcement and other government authorities, such as tax offices.
Disclosure of Data – Legal Requirements
SkyReefPhoto may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of SkyReefPhoto
- To prevent or investigate possible wrong doing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
We may employ third party companies to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We are using the third-party Service Provider Google Analytics to monitor and analyse the use of our Service. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This anonymised data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
SkyReefPhoto values your security and Personal Data. Therefore, no IP addresses (A unique numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network) are transferred, but only data relevant for tracking purposes, e.g. are you accessing our Service from social media or from search engines.
Please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page for more information on their privacy practices.
Controls for Do-Not-Track Features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. If you set the DNT signal on your browser, we will respond to such DNT browser signals.
SkyReefPhoto is not making use of these messages or data other than to follow up on users’ registered issues or inquiries.
Links to other Websites
Embedded content from other Websites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Sale or Bankruptcy
If we reorganise or sell all or a portion of our assets, undergo a merger, or are acquired by another entity, we will not transfer your information to the successor entity. If we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, your information will be kept for 6 years for tax purposes.
Security of Data
The security of your data is very important to SkyReefPhoto. They are stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How long we retain your Personal Data
For administrative reasons we retain your Personal Data for no longer than necessary. The legth of time we retain it will depend on any legal obligations we have (such as tax recording purposes) and the nature of any contracts we have in place with you.
- Purchases -Information for completed orders (e.g. for digital downloads) are retained for 6 years following the end of the finical year during which you purchased from us. It is our obligation to keep these records for tax purposes. Information for pending orders, failed orders and cancelled orders are retained for one month.
- Contracts – Contracts (e.g. for wedding documentation) and associated Personal Data are retained for 6 years following the end of the finical year during which the contract has been signed. It is our obligation to keep these records for tax purposes.
What rights you have over your data
You have the following rights over we Personal Date we collect:
- The right of access – you have the right to access your Personal Data that we hold, subject to exceptions allowed by law, and information about categories of Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. This request is called a subject access request. We must respond to your request within one month. If you would like to do so, please contact us in written and tell us what of your Personal Data you are seeking. SkyReefPhoto will not charge any fee for your access request or for providing your Personal Data we hold. In order to protect your Personal Data we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
- The right to rectification – if you think the data we hold on you is incorrect, you can contact us in written.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data we hold on you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for legal, tax or security purposes.
- The right to restrict processing – you can change your communication preferences (therefore restricting how we communicate with you) by contacting us in written.
- The right to object – you have the right to opt-out of having your activity on our Service analysed by Google Analytics. To do so please install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- Right in relation to automated decision making and profiling – this is not something we do at SkyReefPhoto. If that ever changes, this policy will be updated accordingly.
- The right to data portability – Since SkyReefPhoto does not consist of different unions, the portability of data is not applicable. If that ever changes, this policy will be updated accordingly.
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer: Christopher Brunner
Please also read our Terms and Conditions.